Thursday, May 8, 2014

Missed Connections for A-Holes

Ethan Kuperberg has compiled some of the best passive aggressive and sarcastic posts from Missed Connections. Head to The New Yorker for more.


You: sitting next to your backpack on the Brooklyn-bound L train last night.
Me: super tired, holding onto the rail, standing up. 
I asked you to move your backpack so I could sit down. You said you were getting off in “only one more stop.” I just nodded and looked away. I don’t know if you will ever see this, but if you do I’d love to meet up. Manners are sort of my thing, and I’d love to teach you some.
* * * 
I was at a coffee shop in Park Slope. You were sitting next to me, talking to your friend about how you’re a vegan but you secretly eat eggs. I really wish I had said something to you. Your voice was loud and distracted me from my work.
* * * 
At a bar celebrating my friend’s birthday in midtown. You were wearing Google Glass. I tried to mouth, “You look like a moron.” Did you record that?

No comments:

Post a Comment