Monday, May 5, 2014

Freddie Gibbs on Cocaine Piñata


In April 2013, Freddie Gibbs spoke about his project with Madlib, then titled Cocaine Piñata, with HipHopDX.
"I’ma tell you the truth," Gibbs said. "I had a dream, dog, that I had a little baby. The little baby’s birthday was here and shit. You know I like Latina girls and shit, man. I want to say all of my girls speak Spanish and shit. Anyways, so the baby would probably be a Mexi-nigga or some shit. So it was like a little nigga-Mexican baby and shit. That nigga wanted a piñata, man, in the dream, man. I don’t know. I must’ve been cooking some dope or some shit that week, because the nigga started hitting the piñata, and it wasn’t shit but dope falling out the piñata. I was just like, “Damn, man.” They was just kids playing in the dope. They was just playin’ in the dope. It was little four-year-old kids hitting dope in piñatas. I don’t know. It was a crazy ass dream. So, I just called that shit Cocaine Piñata." 

No comments:

Post a Comment