Monday, June 4, 2012

What is The Meaning of Life?

The best answers to the world's most frequently-asked question:

I wanna live. I don't wanna die. That's the whole meaning of life: not dying!
I figured that shit out for myself in the third grade.
- George Carlin

Life is problems. Living is solving problems.
- Raymond Feist


Prime numbers are what is left when you have taken all the patterns away. I think prime numbers are like life.
They are very logical but you could never work out the rules, even if you spent all your time thinking about them.
- Mark Haddon

I'm twelve years old. I run into a synagogue. I ask the rabbi the meaning of life.
He tells me the meaning of life, but he tells it to me in Hebrew. I don't understand Hebrew.
Then he wants to charge me $600 for Hebrew lessons.
- Woody Allen

You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
- Albert Camus

It's a stupid question. Life just exists. I see life as a dance. Does a dance have to have meaning?
You're dancing because you enjoy it.
- Jackie Mason

In the beginning, God created the earth, and he looked upon it in his cosmic loneliness.

And God said, "Let Us make living creatures out of mud, so the mud can see what We have done." And God created every living creature that now moveth, and one was man. Mud as man alone could speak. God leaned close to mud as man sat, looked around, and spoke. "What is the purpose of all this?" he asked politely.

"Everything must have a purpose?" asked God.

"Certainly," said man.

"Then I leave it to you to think of one for all this," said God.

And He went away.

We are here on earth to fart around and don't let anybody tell you different.
- Kurt Vonnegut

No comments:

Post a Comment